It’s here! HEC-RAS 6.0, what you need to know: Part one
Step behind the wheel to test drive the most significant release of HEC-RAS in the last 4 years.
We are excited to have Gary Brunner (leader of the HEC-RAS development team) and Cameron Ackerman (lead developer of RAS Mapper) kick off our 2021 webinar series with a presentation on the capabilities of the newly released HEC-RAS 6.0.0 Beta. This latest version represents the most significant release of HEC-RAS since the original 5.0 release that contained 2D modelling capabilities.
This virtual 'launch party' will also include an accomplished panel of HEC-RAS experts who can answer your Q&A questions during the session, including Mark Forrest, Chris Goodell and Krey Price.
Some of the exciting new features we'll be highlighting include:
* 3D Graphics/Animation viewer
* Spatial precipitation and infiltration
* Wind forces to HEC-RAS 1D and 2D
* Bridge hydraulics inside of 2D flow areas
* New 1D finite volume solver
* New 2D Momentum Solver
* Pump Stations for 2D Cells
* Computational speed improvements for 2D
* New RAS Mapper editing tools
* Powerful new terrain modification tools.
* Built-in raster calculator
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Hydrologic Engineering Center