A former archaeologist and ex-GISP, Kurt Menke is a geospatial generalist based out of Frederiksværk, Danmark. He received a Master’s degree in Geography from the University of New Mexico in 2000. His areas of focus are public health, conservation and education. Kurt has a broad skillset. He is a spatial analyst, cartographer, web map developer, trainer/teacher and author. He is an open source GIS authority, recently co-authoring QGIS for Hydrological Applications, authoring Discover QGIS 3.x with Locate Press and co-authoring Mastering Geospatial Development with QGIS 3.x for Packt Publishing. In 2015 he became an OsGeo Charter Member. He is an experienced FOSS4G educator and is a co-author of the GeoAcademy. He teaches on a regular basis. His offerings range from a semester long Intro to FOSS4G course he originally developed in 2009, to short courses and professional workshops. In 2015 he was awarded the Global Educator of the Year Team Award by GeoForAll as part of the GeoAcademy team.
Courses involved in:
- Live Course: QGIS for groundwater modelling (May 2021)
- Webinar: QGIS for groundwater applications (March 2021)
- Webinar: QGIS for preparing and visualising hydrological data (August 2020)
- On-demand: QGIS for water modelling (January 1970)
- Live course: QGIS for water modelling – Aug 2020 (August 2020)