Chris is a principal engineer for BMT (the developers of TUFLOW) with over 15 years’ experience in the field of flood / stormwater modelling and floodplain management. Chris currently a senior member of the TUFLOW hydraulic modelling software development team. He is also an Adjunct Lecturer at Central Queensland University where he teaches hydraulic modelling. Prior to his current role in the software development and teaching sectors Chris worked in consulting and successfully carried out and managed numerous catchment wide riverine and stormwater flood studies and floodplain risk management investigations throughout Queensland and New South Wales, Australia and California, USA.
Studies that Chris led have addressed a diverse range of factors: including stormwater management; infrastructure design; flood risk management; flood mitigation; land use development planning and approvals and emergency response planning. Chris has advised clients in both the public and private sectors, including state government agencies, local councils, private developers and flood insurance companies.
Courses involved in:
- Webinar: Maximising the Accuracy of Hydraulic Models (June 2021)
- Webinar: Hydraulic model calibration to historical events (April 2021)
- Webinar: The importance of 2D cell size for accurate hydraulic modelling (November 2020)
- Online Course: TUFLOW- 2D Flood Modelling (November 2019)
- Webinar: Flood Modelling in the Cloud (February 2019)