HEC-RAS 6.0, what you need to know: Part one
Wednesday, 20 January, 2021
This is Part One in a two-part series and features original HEC-RAS author and leader of the HEC-RAS development team, Gary Brunner, and lead developer of RAS Mapper, Cameron Ackerman, as they explore the exciting new features available in the highly-anticipated HEC-RAS 6.0.
Some of the exciting new features highlighted include:
* 3D Graphics/Animation viewer
* Spatial precipitation and infiltration
* Wind forces to HEC-RAS 1D and 2D
* Bridge hydraulics inside of 2D flow areas
* New 1D finite volume solver
* New 2D Momentum Solver
* Pump Stations for 2D Cells
* Computational speed improvements for 2D
* New RAS Mapper editing tools
* Powerful new terrain modification tools.
* Built-in raster calculator
Part Two of our HEC-RAS 6.0 webinar series on 10 February and will see Stanford Gibson and Alex Sánchez from Hydrologic Engineering Center showcase new sediment-related features incorporated into version 6.0.
These webinars provide the perfect foundation for attendees to join our HEC-RAS 6.0 training launching in February. HEC-RAS 6.0 online training course will be comprised of an on-demand course in HEC-RAS (either 1D or 2D, your choice- see links above), followed by an intensive 3-hour live online session on 11 February. Lead by expert HEC-RAS trainer Krey Price, this live online session will provide participants with structured, real-life examples so they can learn hands-on how to use and apply the new features of 6.0 to their modelling work.