University of Wollongong
Associate Professor Muttucumaru Sivakumar areas of expertise include water quality and water resources engineering; Pollutant export from urban catchments; Water and wastewater treatment; Environmental hydraulics and Modelling; Sediment transport.
He received his BSc Eng at University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, 1970‐1974. He also has a MEng, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand 1975‐1976 and completed his PhD, University of Newcastle, Australia, 1977‐1981. He was also visiting Professor and held academic positions in University of Minnesota, USA; University of Hiedelberg, Germany; Shenyang University, China; Indian Institute of Science, India; Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India; Sri Sathya Sai University, India and James Cook University, Queensland, Australia.
Past projects include
- Coastal reservoir for Adelaide water supply – water quantity and quality modelling.
- Lake and river water quality modelling.
- Sediment transport and deposition in reservoirs.
- Water source, treatment and distribution of Illawarra water supply for Sydney Water Corporation.
- Water quality monitoring and modelling of urban catchments – Wollongong City Council.
- Dairy effluent waste management within a water supply catchment for Sydney Catchment Authority.
Courses involved in:
- Webinar: Coastal Reservoirs (January 2018)