ICE WaRM Director Leads Input To Conference
Thursday, 6 March, 2008
ICE WaRM Director Professor Robin King was a key speaker at a special seminar titled ‘Building Tomorrow’s Engineers’ in Melbourne in February.
The seminar, organised by the Business/Higher Education Round Table and the Australian Council of Engineering Deans, explored some of the major future challenges to ensure academic courses meet the needs of the engineering industry.
The seminar looked at:
• The needs of business and industry
• Improving understanding between employers and tertiary institutions
• Continuing professional development
• The relevance of the current curriculum and course structure
• The need for generic and employability skills
• Development of collaborative course modules
• The quality of school courses – especially in maths and science
• Sharing of best practice – international developments in engineering education