On-demand: MODFLOW Groundwater Modelling
Practical introduction to groundwater flow models. Simulate steady and transient flow in an irregularly shaped system in which aquifers can be confined, unconfined and mixed.
Take sessions anytime, at your own pace with unlimited course access for 30-days. MODFLOW is widely considered as an international standard in groundwater flow modelling. This training in MODFLOW-2005 is intended for groundwater professionals without a prior modelling experience.
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Format: 5+ hours of training recordings to step through via the learning platform
Cost: AUD$295 (includes GST)
Contact: Joel Voortman
MODFLOW is a free software that allows users to model the groundwater flow. Developed by the U.S. Geological Survey, the program is used by hydrogeologists to simulate the flow of groundwater through aquifers.
You will receive a training manual which will help you to solidify your knowledge. Follow along with instructor Konrad Miotlinski, a teacher in a variety of modelling courses for 8 years. In the course you will build a model in real-time watching the instructional videos, as you develop the skills and knowledge to be able to run a groundwater model.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- create a new numerical groundwater flow model with MODFLOW-2005 / MODFLOW-NWT;
- import data (shapefiles, images, spreadsheets);
- manually input data;
- link packages with their parameters;
- run a simulation;
- visualise and export the results.
- Introductory webinar and installation of ModelMuse.
- A series of 20 short videos steps while you develop understanding of the software and demonstrate its key features and limitations.
- Take sessions anytime, at your own pace with unlimited course access for 30-days.
- Exercise on developing a multilayer groundwater model with various types of boundary conditions.
- Develop a regional scale model with MODFLOW-NWT.
- Receive a model to explore multiplier arrays, to import shape files and transient data, to work with interpolated objects among other concepts.
- Complete the final Quiz (to receive your certificate or participation).
- Download and install software directly from the USGS website (MODFLOW-2005,
- MODFLOW-NWT, ModelMuse, Model Viewer).
- Complete pre-course survey.
- Read the introduction of training manual.
- Pre-course Survey