On-demand: 2D HEC-RAS Water Modelling
Master the powerful features of HEC-RAS to build two-dimensional hydraulic models.
Take sessions anytime, at your own pace with unlimited course access for 30-days. This course includes the new versions of HEC-RAS with additional features and tools, with improved modelling capabilities and faster run times. Follow along and build your own model as we introduce you to fundamental processes and key concepts of HEC-RAS.
Date: Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Format: 5+ hours of training recordings to step through via the learning platform
Cost: AUD$295 (includes GST)
Contact: Joel Voortman
Learn how to run, animate, interpret and troubleshoot your model. With 5 hours of training materials, a step-by-step manual to follow, exercise homework and a final quiz, this course will provide an invaluable benchmark for the novice user or someone who is interested in updating their knowledge to the latest version of HEC-RAS.
Your presenter, Krey Price, is a highly experienced HEC-RAS user with extensive software development and lecturing experience. His career includes 15 years of developing hydraulic models for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Topics covered include:
- Setting up a project in RAS Mapper
- Adding 2D areas and mesh refinements
- Add inflow boundary conditions
- Add stage hydrograph boundary conditions
- Selecting time steps based on Courant number
- Add precipitation
- Adding culverts and weirs
- Selecting equation set
- View results in RAS Mapper
- Export results
This course is designed with:
- Units to complete via this learning platform.
- Videos split into easy-to-follow steps.
- Take sessions anytime, at your own pace with unlimited course access for 30-days.
- Exercise to follow through- via a 40-page training manual.
- Surveys and a final quiz to receive your certificate of completion.
- Ability to ask questions to your presenter and submit survey responses.
A good internet connection and the latest version of HEC-RAS. A mouse with a centre wheel button is recommended. Using dual monitors is highly beneficial (one with the video recording & one with your own model).
HEC-RAS Version 5.0.7 will only run on 64-bit Windows operating Systems (including 64-bit versions of Window 7, 8.0, 8.1 and 10). Make sure your operating system is up-to-date with all Microsoft patches for your version, before trying to install HEC-RAS.