2nd HEC-RAS Water Modelling
Hydrologic Engineering Centres-River Analysis System
HEC-RAS is a computer program, primarily used for the computation of water surface profiles in steady and unsteady, gradually varied flow situations. It is recognised as an industry standard program and is widely used throughout the world.
Date: Thursday, 21 August 2014 - Saturday, 23 August 2014
Location: Sydney, Rydges Hotel, 28 Albion St, Surry Hills
The 2nd HEC-RAS Water Modelling short course consists of two days, covering basic and intermediate levels. Attendees can come to one or both days.
Attendees bring their own Windows-based laptops for installing trial software. If you are unable to provide one, please inform us on your registration.
The first day targets people who require a BASIC understanding of flow profile modelling and the use of the HEC-RAS model.
The course has been designed to equip participants with:
- An understanding of basic open channel flow hydraulics
- Principles of computation of water surface profiles
- Introduction to the HEC-RAS program
The second day INTERMEDIATE workshop, targets people who already have a basic understanding of flow profile modelling and the use of the HEC-RAS model and wish to extend their knowledge to solve more complex design problems.
The course has been designed to equip attendees with:
- An understanding of HEC-RAS features such as junction analysis
- Introduction to bridge and culvert modelling, multiple openings and encroachment options
- Bridge analysis with HEC-RAS
- Open Channel Hydraulics & Introduction to HEC-RAS
- One Dimensional Flow Profiles in Context
- Cross Section Locations & Friction Slope Options
- Bridge Analysis and Modelling
- Mobile Boundaries, Bridge Scour
- Intermediate Floodplain Modelling
- Culvert Modelling
- Case Studies & Discussions