Employer approval & CPD
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Claim CPD hours with Engineers Australia. All AWS courses are eligible, under Type 2 of the guidelines available here: engineersaustralia.org.au
Gaining employer approval
We know you are busy, so to help with gaining approval to attend AWS courses we have provided some tips to help you put your business case forward.
Have a look at the text in this letter to get you started on seeking employer approval.
Focus on what you will bring back to your organisation. Mention sessions and topics that have particular relevance to your role and your organisation. If a number of staff are interested, ask us for a group discount and advise your manager.
All AWS training courses include:
- Presentations by eminent water professionals
- Pre-course reading and resources
- Tutorials and discussions
- Opportunity to connect with local and international participants online
- Small group sizes to allow greater interaction
Also mention how the training will:
- Provide opportunities to discuss your role and its challenges with industry experts
- Improve your knowledge and skill set
- Increase your productivity and efficiency
- Discuss new technologies and provide real-world examples and case studies
- Update knowledge on policies/legislation or commercial opportunities
- Encourage team-building when participating as a group
- Giving a short presentation to share what you achieved and the knowledge gained with your team and manager
- Claiming CPD hours with Engineers Australia (under Type 2 of the guidelines available here)
- Sharing the course material with your team, after the course they will be available to you in PDF format